Saturday 10 December 2011

ITV Text Santa

I'm incredibly honoured and excited to be part of ITV's new fundraising initiative, Text Santa. It's a big entertainment extravaganza kicking off this Sunday at 9:30pm - after the X Factor. You can text to donate and 100% of raised funds go the the six Text Santa charities. My lovely little family and I are representing Carers UK and are the stars (:p) of their appeal video. We're feeling pretty proud of ourselves for putting our story out there. Hopefully it'll rocket me to fame and I'll end up marrying Steve Merchant and living happily ever after...



Visit the site: www.itv.com/textsanta (this is not a hyperlink. I don't know how to do them so don't expect anything tech-y from me. I've only just learnt how to comment on my own blog...)

I'd like to give Carers UK a huge shout out as not only are they a brilliant charity, but they know how much I publicly favour the 'F word' (they follow me on Twitter...) and have therefore placed a great deal of trust in me by allowing me to be an 'ambassador' of sorts. (Not really, I'm impeccably well mannered in public, honest!)

On the subject of Carers UK, I'd like you to please take the time to find out about them, carer or not, as they are doing a fantastic job and really need all the support they can get. I hate to chat politics but it's becoming increasingly difficult not to, since carers and vulnerable dependents of the social care system are being fucked in the arse by the government. If you're a carer and you're worried about how the cuts will affect you or someone you care for, save yourself the ballache of contacting Social Services and give the Carers UK Adviceline a call:


And check out their website for some very valuable information: www.carersuk.org (again, don't expect working links... )

So, that's my obligatory 'serious' post for the month. Apologies if you're just using me for laughs, the funnies will be back very soon! Don't forget to tune into Text Santa tomorrow night. I know you'll all be watching the X Factor final so you have no excuse!

Love,
Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment